Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 23: Xander's Playlist

I was going to the doctor Friday, but it has been rescheduled... so I decided to go ahead and post.

At this point Xander hears 80% of what I hear. Like my neighbors blaring music until 3 am, the kids running up to tell me jokes/riddles, "it's time to line up!", "HANDS UP!!", and me singing along to songs on the radio... so I decided it was time to make him a playlist. Some of the songs are songs I will sing along to, some are songs Griffin and I decided we wanted him to hear, and the classical stuff (which is his FAVORITE) is supposed to sound great to babies. So, these songs are for my little man. Maybe one day he'll hear them on the radio and feel at peace. =)

1. Jack Johnson-Angel
2. Ingrid Michaelson- Keep Breathing
3. Ban Harper- Walk Away
4. Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused
5. Kings of Leon- Be Somebody
6. Radiohead- 15 Step
7. Snow Patrol- You Could Be Happy
8. Miley Cyrus- The Climb
9. Keravel- Pure and Simple
10. (Various Artists)- A Dark Night
11. Relaxation and Meditation- Rain Storm 2: Rain on the Window
12. Kelly Clarkson- Already Gone
13. The Rolling Stones- Paint it Black
14. Jack's Mannequin- Swim
15. Sonata No. 16
16. Canon in D
17. Clair de Lune
18. Carter Burwell- Bella's Lullaby
19. Martin Luther McCoy- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
20. Rob Pattinson- Never Think
21. Diana Krall- Just the Way You Are
22. Rockabye Baby!- Here Comes the Sun
23. Rockabye Baby!- Strawberry Fields Forever

So, Xander is now 11 inches long (the size of a papaya) and weighs over a pound (while his mommy weighs in A LOT these days). His sleep schedule is still erratic, his awake times are even more noticable these days. I'm waiting for the day a kid at work sees him kick, they've gotten so powerful these days they make my bath water ripple!

Funny kid story: One of the third graders gives me a hug everyday, she was in my group last year... I call her My Valentine. Yesterday she hugged me, looked at my belly and then looked at my face, then asked "are you full Miss Emily?".

4 comments:

  1. did you want to say: no, i am starving all the time??? GREAT playlist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great playlist, but can I add a few more? Like "Jesus loves Me"......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome to be making a list. The only time that Griffin was calm, according to the nicu nurse, was when they were playing George Winston at night. Winston was someone I listened to constantly while I was carrying him, it kept them still for a little while....btw..love the little kids and their perspective

    ReplyDelete
  4. George Winston?!!! Emy, you have heard everything that man has ever recorded. I played him over and over all your young life! If you need any of his tunes for Xander, just let his grandmothers know! :-)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete