Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weeks 21 and 22

I was going to post pictures of my expanding belly and gifts I have recieved... but my computer and phone don't want to cooperate with eachother. This is why I waited so long to post something new.

WEEK 21: swelling and the swine flu.
Over the weekend I started swelling up like a balloon. My feet, hands, and face didn't look like they belonged to me. We (as in Griffin, my mom, his mom, and I) were a little concerned... so when I called the nurse line they scheduled an appointment for me Tuesday afternoon... only to find out that I am a small person and that small people tend to retain a lot of water and salt. Great, four hours of driving to find out that I am small. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Now I carry a water bottle with me where ever I go and I can't add salt to my meals.

No worries, I haven't had the swine flu... but it is tearing through Auburn like crazy. Griffin's roommate and mine both had it and both Griffin and I managed to not catch it. Thankfully. Unfortunatly it means I have to miss the first football game. =( Students are sure to show up no matter how they feel and a close crowd like that is probably a bad idea.

Funny kid story of the week: During art with the first graders I noticed one of the girls had written on her arm, when I told her to clean it off she said "but so-and-so wrote on his face!" He turns around and over his wry little smile was a mustache!! His face is what made it really funny...

So Far in WEEK 22: dropped from class, lonely, weepy, and bored.
Auburn decided to drop me from my online course. I cried uncontrollably for 2 hours. This was supposed to be an easy course so that I would have the GPA to transfer into the College of Education when Xander and I get back to Auburn... but apparently not. I am trying to get back into the course, but Auburn is giving me the run around and nobody has any answers or advice.

My hormones/medication make me so sensitive. I cry almost everyday. Now I don't even have school as a distraction.

Xander's eyes are fully formed, although there is no pigment in his irises. He is eleven inches long (head-to-heel) and weighs almost a pound. Now he looks like a real baby and not an alien!! I wish I could afford a 4D ultrasound... I am so anxious to see what he looks like. Of course, I am REALLY ready to meet him (even though I'm scared of actually being a mom).

Funny kid story: One of my third graders asked me why a lady had two last names. I told her that sometimes women keep their maiden name and add their husband's to which she replied, "then I'm going to be ______ _______ Brown". I asked her who she was going to marry and she said, " GUH! I'm gonna marry Chris Brown!"

No comments:

Post a Comment